While I’m at it, and I seem to have a spurt of energy. I just thought I would post some of the things I currently have sitting on the shelf and pick up for reading in my library, I thought it would be interesting.
So, what am I reading?
Currently on my “shelf:”
1. The Evolution of Useful Things by Henry Petroski
2. The current issue of National Geographic
3. The current issue of USA Today’s Sports Weekly
4. War in a Time of Peace by David Halberstam
5. The Blue Guide for New York City
6. 52 New York Weekends by Michael Schumen
7. ...and a whole slew of comics (two weeks worth) including: Amazing Spider Man #53 (possibly the best book out there), Nightwing #81 (a monthly favorite), Daredevil #47 (I can’t figure out why I keep buying this, something about the combo of art and writing), Soldier X #11 (good writing), Black Panther #59 (giving the book a chance - so far it’s been entertaining), Batgirl Year One #6 (just a marvelous, terrific book, the one worth getting if you don’t buy comics), Beware The Creeper #2 (checking it out), Superman Metropolis #4 (a mistake buy), Global Frequency #4 and #6 (I came late to it and am trying to catch up but, has the same kind of buzz I got when I discovered Planetary), Hunter The Age of Magic #23 (soon to be cancelled), Batman Gotham Knight #41 (soon to be dropped), Batman Legends of the Dark Knight #167 (a good story compensating for passable art), (Dial H for) Hero #4 (moving up the charts with a bullet), JSA #48 (a favorite), Gotham Central #5, #6 and #7 (I don’t know how it’s doing but, it’s one of the best books out there), Birds of Prey #55 (a marginal read), Batgirl #40 (another marginal read), Green Arrow #26 (going downhill very, very fast), Arkham Asylum Living Hell #1 (checking it out), Lucifer #38 (a personal favorite if not popular), Adventures of Superman #616 (consistently well done book), Incredible Hulk #54 (experiencing a renaissance of sorts), Green Lantern #164 (soon to be dropped), Robin #114 (a good, consistently well done book)
No comments:
Post a Comment